Center for Fitness and Rehab in Los Angeles
West Hills Hospital and Medical Center provides both inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy services and a medical fitness program. Our capable staff of professionals is committed to ensuring your continued health, education and functional mobility.
Our outpatient therapy services are offered at our Center for Fitness and Rehabilitation. Inpatient rehabilitation services are located in the main hospital.
For more information on our outpatient or inpatient therapy programs or to schedule an appointment call (818) 676-4600.
Center for Fitness and Rehabilitation
If you need physical rehabilitation that provides outpatient therapy services in one convenient, accessible location, consider our hospital's Center for Fitness and Rehabilitation. Our licensed therapists, fitness specialists, registered dietitians and other professionals provide patients with high-quality, personalized treatment. All outpatient therapy services are offered at our separate facility across the street from the main hospital.
Our address is:
Center for Fitness & Rehabilitation
7320 Woodlake Ave, Suite 110
West Hills, CA 91307
The goal of physical therapy (PT) is to improve daily mobility and alleviate pain so that you can live better. Physical therapists provide evaluation and treatment based upon the evaluation designed to restore function to patients with impairments. Symptoms or issues include limited mobility, decreased overall strength, imbalance, safety issues, endurance, coordination and cognition.
Outpatient physical therapy
Licensed therapists and specialists provide comprehensive and personalized outpatient services five days a week, with extended hours as needed. Our therapists provide a full range of procedures for pain management. The center also features helpful exercise equipment and private exam rooms.
Inpatient physical therapy
Our licensed, inpatient therapy team provides personalized care, seven days a week in all of our acute care units. We offer inpatient services at our main hospital's location on the 6th floor. Also, all of our hospital patients have access to our rehabilitation gym and equipment room.
Physical therapy services
Our full range of physical therapy services include:
- Ergonomic assessments and work reconditioning programs
- Evaluation and treatment of neurologic conditions
- Evaluation and treatment of orthopedic injuries and illnesses
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic and acute pain
- Functional assessment, training, patient/family education, discharge planning and home program
- Manual therapy
- Pre-operative and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Referral to community services as needed
- Spinal stabilization and other spinal therapy treatments
- Sports injury management and athletic training
Occupational therapy provides services for people in any stage of life. Occupational therapists help patients better manage their daily activities by using therapeutic techniques to improve a patient's quality of life. Our occupational therapy program provides evaluation and treatment for the areas of upper extremity functioning, fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, perceptual skills and cognitive functioning as related to activities of everyday living.
From helping children with disabilities improve in school or assisting patients recovering from surgical procedures, our occupational therapists give their patients superb therapeutic care.
Occupational therapy services
Our occupational therapy program offers evaluation and treatment for:
- Assistive equipment and/or home/office modifications
- Activities of daily living
- Burn patients as directed by the physician
- Functional disabilities for neurological, orthopedic and general medical and surgical patients
We also offer an occupational medicine program, vocational retraining. After therapy is complete, we prioritize patient and family education with detailed discharge planning and a personalized home program.
Speech language therapy
Our speech language therapy program provides evaluation and treatment of communication disorders, including acquisition of learning/communication skills, establishment of efficient communication behavior, and swallowing.
Inpatient and outpatient services are available and provided by highly trained licensed speech pathologists as requested by your physician.
Speech language therapy services
- Speech and language therapy (children and adults)
- Cognitive evaluation and treatment as it relates to communication and language
- Referral to hearing/audiology services if needed
- Swallowing evaluation and treatment
- Voice therapy/accent reduction
We also offer fitness and therapy programs that help improve your health and quality of life:
- Medical fitness
- Group exercise for special populations if requested
- Occupational medicine program — includes an on-site evaluation of work stations, pre-employment screening, instruction in body mechanics and on-site exercise programs for employees
- Community wellness programs and resource referral base
- Total joint replacement program
Medical fitness provides medically supervised, appropriate fitness programs to individuals with little or no exercise experience.
Each patient is thoroughly assessed and screened at the outset of the program. Assessment includes a medical history review, body mass index (BMI) and body fat calculations, as well as screening for flexibility and cancer risk. We also offer nutritional, musculoskeletal and lifestyle evaluations.
One week following the assessment, you will meet with a member of our rehabilitation staff and a dietician to review your exercise and nutrition goals and strategies. We will also develop your personal exercise plan and teach you how to implement it. Supervised exercise sessions are available for cardiac patients.