Diagnostic imaging in Los Angeles
West Hils Hospital and Medical Center is equipped with a full array of diagnostic imaging technology and equipment, so you have access to all the advanced imaging needed to diagnose your condition. We provide inpatient and outpatient imaging services to diagnose and treat various acute and chronic conditions.
For more information about our imaging center, call (818) 676-4000.
Diagnostic imaging procedures
Imaging procedures offered at West Hills Hospital include:
- Computerized tomography (CT): Commonly used to examine the brain, chest, abdomen and pelvis
- Digital breast localization: Procedure to locate a specific area within the breast prior to surgically removing the tissue
- Fluoroscopy: Allows doctors to visualize joints, moving organs and even blood passing through veins through the use of dye
- Mammography: X-ray test used to screen for and diagnose breast cancer
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): Uses a high-powered magnet and radio waves to create accurate and detailed images.
- Ultrasound: Enables physicians to see inside the body to evaluate internal organs, pregnancies, cancer, abdominal disorders, blood vessel problems, pelvic disorders and other conditions.
- X-ray: a high-energy form of electromagnetic waves that helps doctors visualize bones, soft tissues and organs.
Nuclear medicine is a medical specialty involving the application of radioactive substances in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. We offer nuclear medicine services including molecular imaging, designed to detect cancer cells that may not be detectable by other means.
Radiotherapy is used alone, with surgery or chemotherapy in treatment of cancers of almost all sites within the body. Many techniques allow the delivery of higher doses of ionizing radiation to the cancer cells and limited doses to normal tissues, resulting in higher cure rates and lower side effects.
Our dedicated radiation oncologists provide specialized radiation oncology services, hyperthermia and implant expertise for all cancer cites including prostate, breast, gastrointestinal and lung cancers. They also offer external beam radiation and brachytherapy (internal radiation therapy in which seeds, ribbons, or capsules that contain a radiation source are placed in the body, in or near the tumor).
Computed tomography (CT)
Our CT service is state-of-the-art, providing spiral imaging and 3D reconstruction. We specialize in procedures for cancer, outpatient biopsies, renal tract stones (without intravenous contrast), appendicitis and radiation therapy planning.
Outpatient appointments are available daily from 7:00am - 8:30pm. Call our diagnostic radiology department at (818) 676-4119.