Joint care in West Hills, California
When you visit the joint care specialists at West Hills Hospital for joint pain, you are in expert hands. Our orthopedic specialists have helped restore the quality of life for numerous patients in West Hills, California through advanced treatments, expert care and our state-of-the-art rehabilitation center.
For more information about our joint care services, please call (818) 676-4000.
Joint care patients at West Hills Hospital also have access to ancillary services, such as pharmacists, dieticians, social services and diagnostic services. Whether you undergo knee surgery or a total hip replacement, you can rest assured that you will receive thorough care to maximize your recovery and joint health.
Total joint replacement program
Joint replacement surgery is the removal of a damaged joint and the placement of a partial or total new joint. Patients who have joint replacement surgery typically have more mobility, pain relief and an improved quality of life after surgery.
Commonly replaced joints include:
West Hills Hospital offers a comprehensive joint replacement patient experience in West Hills, California. From partial knee replacements to total shoulder replacements, we are dedicated to caring for the total joint while providing optimal outcomes in the shortest time possible. We have board-certified and fellowship-trained total joint orthopedic surgeons, total joint physician assistants and support staff and rehabilitation therapists on-site for convenient therapies.
We understand that deciding to have joint replacement surgery is a big step. The more informed you are about the process, the better prepared you will be. Our total joint replacement program also includes a preoperative education class to prepare you for surgery and recovery.
The mission of our arthritis program at West Hills Hospital is to restore optimal function, alleviate pain and maintain the patient's condition at the highest functional level. Our rheumatologists and medical staff meet this goal by providing quality arthritis treatments and expert resources to patients.
Our arthritis program features:
- Private treatment rooms
- Complete rehabilitation gymnasium and hydrotherapy area
- A full service hand clinic with custom splinting
- Activities of daily living areas and self-help equipment
- Personalized program for pain management, therapeutic exercise, functional activities, stress management and splinting (if needed)
- Patient and family education regarding arthritis, body mechanics, joint protection, energy conservation, adaptive equipment and home exercises
- Information and/or referrals to local resources, such as support groups, pool programs, exercise groups, arthritis foundation activities and massage therapy
- Follow-ups to ensure program compliance and successful outcomes
- Training and resources for assistive devices and exercise aids for home program
To help prevent arthritis, such as osteoarthritis, follow these guidelines:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Fat tissue creates inflammatory proteins that are harmful to cartilage cells
- Control your blood sugar: High levels of glucose cause faster production of molecules that stiffen cartilage
- Be physically active: Activity keeps joints limber and strengthens supporting muscles
- Live a healthy lifestyle: Eating well, managing stress and not smoking can help you live a healthy lifestyle