HAVE A BURN #SAFESUMMER
- Keep kids away from stoves, barbecues, ovens, and other cooking areas, indoors or out.
- Outside grills can cause as many as 6,000 fires and 170 injuries per year.
- Leave the fireworks to the professionals and celebrate safely.
- Fireworks and the fires they cause injure more than 10,000 Americans every year.
Gas Grill Safety
- Perform routine grill maintenance to prevent clogs and leaks.
- Gas grills can cause as many as 2,700 fires and 80 injuries per year.
- Never add flammable liquid to a fire that’s already going.
- If you build a fire, build it in a designated fire pit.
- Put out any fires or barbecues with water, not just sand.
General Summer Safety Tips
- Apply sunscreen and seek shade during the day to prevent sunburn
- Wear shoes when you walk on pavement or blacktop, which can heat up quickly
Consult our nurses 24/7 at (818) 676-4177
Our experts from the Grossman Burn Center will be talking about the secret to a burn #SAFESUMMER.