Purab C Viswanath, MDOrthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Viswanath is a fellowship trained hand and upper extremity surgeon and is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons. After earning his undergraduate degree at Northwestern University, Dr. Viswanath returned to his home state of Ohio to ear his medical degree at Ohio State University. He completed his residency training at UPMC Hamot in General Orthopaedics, followed by a Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship at the Florida Orthopaedic Institute, training under the renowned surgeon Dr. Alfred Hess.
Dr. Viswanath has authored many scientific journal articles and spoken at several orthopaedic conferences at the local and national level. He is currently Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
When away from work, Dr. Viswanath is a fervent drummer and snowboarder. He also enjoys hiking with his wife in beautiful Southern California.
His interests include treating all disorders of the upper extremity as well as general orthopaedic fracture treatment.
Accepts most insurance. Contact your insurance provider for coverage information
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
Peripheral Nerve Surgery
Trauma and Reconstruction of the Hand and Upper Extremity
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Primary - Board Certified
- Surgery of the Hand
- Undergraduate Degree: Northwestern University - 2005
- Graduate Degree: Ohio State University - 2009
- Internship: UPMC Hamot - 2010
- Residency: UPMC Hamot - 2014
- Fellowship: Florida Orthopaedic Institute - 2015
- Los Robles Regional Medical Center
- West Hills Hospital and Medical Center