West Hills Hospital recognized for excellence across multiple areas of care Healthgrades data places West Hills Hospital among nation’s top hospitals
West Hills Hospital & Medical Center, a full-service acute care facility, has been named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention and Orthopedic Surgery, according to a national Healthgrades study. West Hills Hospital was also recognized for excellence in a variety of other areas, including small intestine surgery and patient safety.
“As consumers navigate their health, it is important to consider a number of factors, including hospital quality, before deciding where to access care,” said Brad Bowman, MD, chief medical officer, Healthgrades. “Healthgrades’ America’s 100 Best Hospitals recognizes those hospitals that have proven their dedication to quality care and exceptional outcomes over time and we applaud their efforts and achievement.”
For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare inpatient records for nearly 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide to assess hospital performance in 32 common conditions and procedures. Based on the results, West Hills Hospital earned the following achievements:
- One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention in 2020
- One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery in 2020
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2020 Coronary Intervention Excellence Award
- Among the top 5% in the nation for coronary interventional procedures in 2020
- Five-star recipient for coronary interventional procedures in 2020
- Five-star recipient for treatment of heart attack in 2020
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2020 Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award
- Among the top 10% in the nation for overall orthopedic services in 2020
- Five-star recipient for hip fracture treatment for three years in a row
- Five-star recipient for spinal fusion surgery in 2020
- Five-star recipient for small intestine surgeries in 2020
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award for two years in a row
- Among the top 5% in the nation for patient safety for two years in a row
“At West Hills Hospital, we work hard to ensure every patient receives the exceptional care they deserve,” said West Hills Hospital’s CEO, Mark Miller. “We strive to offer the same compassionate, high-quality treatment that we would expect for ourselves and our loved ones. With this in mind, we go above and beyond to deliver the very best patient outcomes and create a safe, comfortable experience for each person in our care.”
To view the complete “Healthgrades 2020 Report to the Nation” and detailed study methodology, visit https://partners.healthgrades.com/healthgrades-quality-solutions/healthgrades-quality-awards.
For more information about West Hills Hospital, visit http://www.westhillshospital.com.