February 17, 2020
West Hills Hospital hosts free heart health expo for community
San Fernando Valley health care facility offers event focused on leading a heart–healthy life
West Hills Hospital & Medical Center, a full-service acute care facility, invites the community to a free heart health expo on Friday, Feb. 28, 2020, from 11 a.m. to 2 pm. The event will take place in the parking lot behind the hospital, which is located at 7300 Medical Center Drive.
The expo provides opportunities to learn how to take care of the heart, prevent heart attacks and lead a heart-healthy life. Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Receive a free blood pressure screening
- Experience hands-only CPR demonstrations
- Talk with dieticians about food choices and heart health
- Explore the inside of an ambulance
- Check out the latest pacemaker technology
- Find out more about heart rhythms and what they say about health
- Learn about new cardiac catheterization techniques
- Discover important information about diagnostic imaging for the heart
- Meet with pharmacists to discuss medications and side effects related to the heart
A heart-healthy lunch will be provided, and there will be giveaways for attendees to enjoy as well. Local cardiology offices will also be on-site to share information.
“When it comes to heart health, knowledge is power,” said Michael Aquino, Director of Cardiac Services at West Hills Hospital. “Taking proactive measures to lead a heart-healthy life goes a long way toward preventing common heart problems. And in the event an issue does occur, knowing the signs to watch for and getting fast treatment makes a big difference. This expo is a great opportunity to learn heart health facts that could save your life.”