This tasty dish provides a healthy array of vegetables and can be used for breakfast, brunch, or any meal! Serve with fresh fruit salad and a dinner roll.
Serving Size 1/5 of omelet
Total Fat 9 g
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Protein 19 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Small potatoes, peeled and sliced 5
Olive oil or vegetable cooking spray 1 tablespoon
Medium onion, minced ½
Small zucchini, sliced 1
Green/red peppers, sliced thin 1½ cups
Medium mushrooms, sliced 5
Whole eggs, beaten 3
Egg whites, beaten 5
Pepper and garlic salt with herbs to taste
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese 3 ounces
Parmesan cheese 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- In a nonstick pan, add oil or vegetable spray and warm at medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until brown. Add vegetables and sauté until tender but not brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat the eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese. Stir egg-cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
- Oil or spray a 10-inch pie pan or ovenproof skillet. Transfer potatoes and eggs mixture to pan. Spread with parmesan cheese and bake omelet until firm and brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.