Low-fat cheese and skim milk help to make this favorite dish heart healthy.
Serving Size ½ cup
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 120 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Macaroni 2 cups
Onions, chopped ½ cup
Evaporated skim milk ½ cup
Medium egg, beaten 1
Black pepper ¼ teaspoon
Sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounce), finely shredded, low fat 1¼ cups
Nonstick cooking oil spray
- Cook macaroni according to directions. (Do not add salt to the cooking water.) Drain and set aside.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Add onions to saucepan and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.