Serving Size 2 tablespoons
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Garlic, separated and peeled 1 bulb
Water ½ cup
Red wine vinegar 1 tablespoon
Honey ¼ teaspoon
Virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon
Black pepper ¼ teaspoon
- Place the garlic cloves into a small saucepan and pour enough water (about ½ cup) to cover them.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the liquid to 2 tablespoons and increase the heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a small sieve over a bowl and with a wooden spoon, mash the garlic through the sieve into the bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar and honey into the garlic mixture; incorporate the oil and seasoning.