Serving Size 1
Total Fat 21 g
Saturated Fat 7.5 g
Sodium 674 mg
Total Carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
Protein 23 g
Servings and Times
These meatballs freeze well in resealable plastic bags and are great to have on hand for a quick dinner.
Ingredients and Preparation
Oats 1/3 cup
Potato flour (can substitute corn starch) 1 tablespoon
Water 2/3 cup
Canola oil ½ + 2 teaspoons
Yellow onion, grated 2 tablespoons
85% lean ground beef 1 pound
Salt 1 teaspoon
White pepper (can substitute black pepper) 1/8 teaspoon
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, potato flour, and water. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat ½ teaspoon canola oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until golden, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and salt to the oat mixture and stir to combine. Then add in the egg, pepper, and sautéed onions and use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix until well-combined.
- Wet hands and form meat mixture into small balls, making sure that they are all about the same size. (Recipe should make anywhere from 30-40 meatballs, depending on size). Place meatballs on a wet cutting board.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1/3 to ½ of the meatballs. Shake the pan so that they cook evenly while retaining round shape. Once browned on all sides, reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes, until cooked through. Repeat with remaining meatballs.